Sunday, December 8, 2013

Celtic Solstice - Clue 2

Today was our guild annual meeting.  Outgoing and incoming board members, renewing membership and signing up for classes.  I signed up for 4 classes - A machine quilting class with Dawn Cavanaugh, two applique classes with Karen Kay Buckley and a class by a local quilter - Joann Belling.   I am excited to take classes, I haven't done a guild class for several years.  I hope I can manage to get away from work for these!

Before I can even get started on my sewing, I usually find something on my sewing machine table that needs mended or altered.  Today it was black dress pants that needed altered before a chorus concert next week, Scout patches and sewing a patch on a winter hat.

My silly model - I really need to find one of the these in kid size.
 

Finally on to clue two:
Cut:

 Sew:
 Press:



Lined up:

Living happily together, waiting for the next step:

Linking up with Bonnie Hunter @ Quiltville.

14 comments:

  1. I love your colores. Your quilt will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colors are great! I wish my stash would have allowed me to pick different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your turquoise, brown and white Chevrons...my favorite color combo. It is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your color combination! Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) this is beautiful! My eye was immediately drawn yo your link on the Bonnie page! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colors look like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours! I know everyone has already said that, but they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colors and fabrics!
    Also love seeing that KC Chiefs logo. Are you in the Kansas City area for just have Chiefs fans in the house? I'm doing the mystery quilt and am not far from Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in Iowa, Kansas City is the closest NFL team.

      Delete
  9. Love your colors and fabrics!
    Also love seeing that KC Chiefs logo. Are you in the Kansas City area for just have Chiefs fans in the house? I'm doing the mystery quilt and am not far from Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just wondering how you made your patches. I embroidered patches, but when I went to trim them, the edges frayed :(. Now I have to start all over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't make the patches, I just sew them on! The embroidery is not to the edge though, the black border is a think material, it would not fray.

      Delete