I can't really remember how I made this one, I probably stuck a template to my ruler and improvised. I am not sure when this was made, it was buried pretty deep in the quilt closet. I remember the line of fabric was a reproduction line by Harriet Hargrave. The background is by Debbie Mumm.
So even though I have made this block before, I did get a set of Tri-recs rulers last week, so I thought I would do a test block, before I started on the first step of Bonnie Hunter's mystery.
I have a bin of fabrics in red\aqua\gray\green - when I do test blocks I pull out this container of fabric, do the block, test the pattern, and then put the bin away. Someday I will have a bunch of random blocks in these colors and will put them all together into a quilt.
These blocks are getting sent to Pat Sloan for her birthday. She requested birthday blocks in red, turquoise and gray. I had a few of the Dresden plate blocks, from testing out that ruler. I will put one of those blocks in the envelope too.
I chose alternate colors for my Celtic Solstice. Eventually I will rename it too, once I find some inspiration. Here are my fabrics:
Color conversion chart - I need to post this, so I don't forget.
Neutral - Cream Moda
Blue - Green
Orange - Plum \ Magenta
Yellow - Brown
Green - Dark Turquoise\blue
Cut:
Sew:
Press:
Still need to clip the dog ears, but step 1 is done. Kudos to Bonnie for jumping right in with the Tri Recs.
Linking to Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.
What a clever idea to have special fabrics just for test blocks. That is going to be a fabulous sampler one day. LOVE you color choices! And that print is to die for!!!
ReplyDeleteDarn, Judy said EXACTLY what I was going to say! LOL! Absolutely LOVE your colors and that print is amazing! I'll be keeping an eye out for your progress! I haven't totally committed myself to this mystery YET, still thinking of making a few color changes. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteOOOH! This is going to be awesome. I love seeing the quilt in all the colorways everyone comes up with!
ReplyDeleteThe colours are so similar to Easy Street! Great to mix it up.
ReplyDeletethe purple and green remind me of Mardi Gras! I LOVE those greens...I think in my old age I have changed from a blue girl to a LIME GREEN girl. I even have a tool chest (like the red Craftsman ones? on wheels?) in..you guessed it! LIME GREEN! Can't wait to see this as the mystery goes along...
ReplyDeleteI love your colours, and I think your system of making test blocks in matching fabrics is absolutely brilliant!
ReplyDeleteWhen I grow up I wanna be as organised as you...
ReplyDeleteLove the colour combination you are using for the mystery quilt. I am looking forward to following its progress. I haven't started on mine yet though.
Great Colors, what are your color choices for clue three?
ReplyDeletePinwheels will be brown and plum.
Delete