Monday, December 24, 2012

Snow Day and Easy Street Part 5

My plan for Friday was foiled by Blizzard 2012.  My original plan was to take the kids to school on Thursday and head out and finish my Christmas shopping, and then on Friday, take the kids to school, wrap presents and spend the rest of the day sewing.  A blizzard and being snowed in with kids was not in the plan.   I didn't get my shopping done, I didn't get any wrapping done.  Double snow days right before Winter break, the kids were thrilled!

Here is what it looked like when I went to bed, school had already been cancelled for the next day because of high winds and anticipated blowing snow:

Here is what it looked like when I got up:


Here is how I spent my day, bundling kids up so they could go outside to play:

 


















Only to have them come in about 6 minutes later, toss off all of their outerwear, leave puddles of melted snow on the floor, and request hot chocolate and cookies to warm up.

When they finally settled in and started watching movies, I was able to get started on Easy Street Part 5.


I am getting low on the turquoise, so I hope we won't need much more.


The units went together pretty fast.


I played with a couple settings with the parts we have completed, but it feels like we might be working on two different blocks.  We need more background and green steps...so we will see what Bonnie brings to us on Friday.





Check out other linking up to the Easy Street Mystery at Quiltville:

8 comments:

  1. All interesting layouts..Very pretty Merry Christmas fellow Quilter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some interesting layouts you have here. I see we have more or less the same colors. Looking forward to Friday and the next clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have to say that I wouldn't be disappointed in any of those blocks! They are all beautiful! Your fabrics are also beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your units look great. Bonnie said we are finished with the turquoise on the last quiltcam. That snow looks gorgeous! I miss it from my youth in England, but I do remember how cold it was and how muddy and slushy it went when the weather warmed up. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got enough snow here in the Denver metro area to make everything look pretty. It's the first white Christmas in years. My colors are very close to yours. I like all the blocks that you came up with. I think we're going to have a very pretty quilt! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your guesses - I didn't participate this year, but sure enjoy the photos.

    Also LOVE that snow - we are in DRYYYYYYY western Nebraska - not much snow here - you are the "lucky" ones. 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your possiblities look great..can't wait to see what Bonnie comes up with!

    ReplyDelete