Tuesday, February 14, 2012

With Arms Wide Open


Linking up with Colorado Lady today for Tell me Tuesday.

The question is:
What songs bring you back to really great moments in your life?

There are several songs that when I hear them they take me back instantly to a different point in time of my life. 
  • Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart - Jr. high dances.
  • AC/DC - Back in Black - High school at a sand bar party on the river.
  • Manfred Mann - Blinded by the Light - Unforgettable trip to Kansas City for an all day Monsters of Rock concert. 
  • Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home - My friends and I doing a studio recording of this song.  I wonder if a copy of that tape still exists?  Oh how we laughed that day.
  • Pink Floyd - the wall - Comfortably Numb, Hey You, Another Brick in the Wall, Is there anybody out there?  Anything on this album reminds of when Jeff and I started dating because this is all he ever listened to.
  • REM - Losing my Religion - The many weekends spent in Ocean City, MD going to clubs.
  • Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Reminds me of my pregnancy with Brody.
The most powerful stirring song is Creed - With Arms Wide Open. Even to this day, hearing this song will bring tears to my eyes. 



4 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm following you and per directions I am leaving a comment on your post. Love your song choices! I can relate to many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how music brings back such memories! Wonderful choices! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember so many of these and they remind me of high school time for sure!! Thanks so much for linking in today and sharing!! I loved reading how and which songs take you back and are full of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to bring back such great memories? Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete