Thursday, February 23, 2012

National Banana Bread Day

Today is National Banana Bread Day.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to make the one thing ALL of my kids rave about. And as luck would have it, I actually have some ripe bananas to use.

I got this recipe years ago from Jeff's Aunt Audrey, when we were visiting them in Oklahoma.  I can't remember the occasion, but we stayed at their house in Broken Arrow, and I helped her make this one morning.  That weekend ended my quest for the perfect banana bread recipe. I have never tried out another recipe since.  Sometimes I will mix in some chocolate chips or nuts, but 95% of the time, I just use the recipe as is. It makes a nice big, dense loaf of banana bread.




Here is the recipe card:


1 comment:

  1. UGH!! I don't have any bananas here. I missing the day. We love banana bread!

    ReplyDelete