- Digital pictures can be easily be manipulated in size, cropped and recolored during the design process.
- I can shop online, and my supplies are a download away.
- My printed pages are not so "bulky" but still have dimension.
- I can easily move, resize, recolor any of my page elements.
- My projects are stored in my computer, when I am blocked or need to stop to make dinner, I just click save and walk away, I can come back anytime to my work in progress.
- No clean up, I hated the mess of my traditional scrapbook area.
- Storage of supplies. All I have is my laptop and an external drive.
- At first I missed the tactile process of cutting and gluing, but I don't miss that now. I get enjoyment from the design process, rather than the mechanics of the process.
- Finished pages. I actually get pages done! When I am inspired I can get a page done in minutes, others can take awhile longer, but I do so many more layouts now than I could ever accomplish traditionally.
- The ability to reprint a page in multiple and various sizes. I can make a page once and print it for my book, a grandparent album, a frame, or multiple kid books.
- Cost. I like to think digital is cheaper, but honestly if I sat down and figured it out it might be a wash. Cost is not the driving factor for me, all the things above is why I love digital scrapbooking.
Here are a few random pages I have made.
I don't work chronologically on books. I just work on whatever I am inspired by when I feel like scrapbooking. Sometimes I find a kit I want to use, other times I find all of my kits related to a theme and work on several layouts at them same time. I don't think I will ever be "done" or "caught up" but that does not bother me. I use scrapbooking as a creative outlet, and I love watching the kids look through their books.
Unfortunately for Cooper, all of his baby pictures are film, and not digital, so I need to scan a lot of pictures in to work on his baby book. Since most of his baby book is done traditionally, I am not extremely motivated right now to redo it, when I have so many layouts I need to create.
I have a book(s) for each kid. I just add layouts to it as I get them done. Eventually I will organize them in date order, but not anytime soon. I make sure I always scrapbook school layouts, birthday layouts, sports layouts. My plan is to at least stay up to date on these, so they are done to display at their graduation parties. I don't feel like I have to scrapbook every picture or event. At the end of the year, I always go through my digital photos and print out 200 pictures to include in a photo album and burn all of the pictures I took that year to a CD. I am worried with digital photography printed photos will be a thing of the past. I am diligent about saving and printing pictures.







No comments:
Post a Comment