So 2011 came to a close and I had the last two weeks of the year off from work. I spent it getting ready for Christmas, and then after Christmas, spent quite a lot of time cleaning out some closets and storage areas. I did work on some craft projects, worked on my historian project, some scrapbook pages, sent a few quilts down to the quilter, and actually made real, from scratch dinner a few times. I have been inspired by bloggers and pinterest finds, but have realized it is really hard and time consuming to photograph and document those things on blog postings. I have a new found appreciation for food photography and step by step instruction writers. I have realized neither is my cuppa, but I will post some of my finished projects here.
I made several batches of Crack Corn for various holiday parties. It is a staple at every quilt retreat, tailgate, roadtrip or party. I have made countless batches of this. Very easy, and as the name indicates, can be addicting.
The recipe is on the back of the bag of the puffed corn pops, so it is not a super family secret. The ingredients are easy but the key is finding the right brand of corn pops; and if you follow the directions, you will get perfect Crack Corn every time.
Caramel Corn Pops Recipe
Ingredients:
1 (8 oz) bag of Barrel O’ Fun Corn Pops
1/2 c butter or margarine
1/2 c light corn syrup
1 c brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Pour corn pops into two 9×13″ pans.
In a saucepan over medium high heat, mix together butter, corn syrup,
and brown sugar.. Cook for two minutes or until it starts to bubble
around the edges. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in baking soda (this
helps coat the corn pops) and whisk until it’s completely mixed.
Pour caramel mixture evenly over the corn pops and gently stir in the
pan until all the pops are evenly coated. Place pans in oven and cook
for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Remove the pans from the
oven and dump the pops on wax paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment