I have always been a fan of Lori Smith's designs, and have picked up a few of her patterns over the years. I always enjoy her booth at the AQS show, and especially love when she combines applique and piecing in her projects.
Country Threads mentioned in an email Jo's Country Junction blog starting a quilt along and I am going to try to follow along this year. I didn't have this pattern but felt inspired to sew tonight, so since I have made hundreds of log cabin blocks through the years, it was not difficult to figure out the pattern on my own. I have had this stack of fabrics called "In the Pink" by Buggy Barn for a few years.
I have always wanted to make a pink and brown reproduction quilt, so I started with these fabrics, added a few more from my stash, and put together the blocks. I am planning to make the blocks each month and do a sampler quilt when I get enough made.
I am not sure if I will make two blocks every month, but when doing log cabin blocks it is easier to make two at the same time rather than just one. Of course, out of all the Lori Smith patterns I have, I didn't have any from this series. I better get them ordered so when the urge hits to work on this I will be ready to go.


Both of those are very pretty blocks!~
ReplyDeleteThe browns caught my eye in the picture I saw at Jo's Country Junction, so I had to pop over and see your blocks in detail. Lovely. I am not a pinks person, but these could persuade me differently....chocolate and frosted strawberry comes to mind....mmmmm. I wonder if you are planning the same colour scheme throughout?
ReplyDeleteWOW!! You did an amazing job! Very pretty blocks!
ReplyDeleteOh these are so awesome! I love brown and pink and this is the perfect start to your sampler quilt!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in the fun...The February block was even more fun to sew. I love the blocks. They take and evening and I love to feel like I accomplished something :)
ReplyDeleteI love your choice of fabrics and also enjoyed looking thru your blog.
ReplyDeleteI just made 2 large quilts using Hunky Dory....the fabrics are so nice aren't they?
Can't wait to get further into the QSQA blocks to see what everyone does.
Love those two log cabins! Great choice of colors. Thanks for stopping and leaving a nice comment.
ReplyDelete