My project box is filling up. This week I completed the purple 4 patches, the needed amount and then a few more.
In my clean up I found a bag of purple strips left over from a previous mystery, and they were already cut to the right size. I used those up. I am also stretching my limits on selecting fabric. I am very comfortable with "controlled scrappy". I really pushed myself to use a wider variety of light and dark purples. I stayed away from the grayed civil war purples, but the brighter purples all got used.
Saturday I went to my quilt guild's annual Christmas Tea. Board members retire, new ones join the board, end of the year wrap up, new year kickoff. No speakers this year that interest me, but I might participate in the Presidents challenge. 30x40, pieced background, pink flowers, some sort of applique. I might be able to use my extra neutral 4-patchs for the background and then I need to come up with a flower design. Not much progress on sewing room clean up, I just really have a few more bins to organize. I did find a bunch of Daisy girl scout stuff I am giving to a new troop leader, so another box of stuff cleared out of the house!
Linking to Bonnie's Monday progress Link up, check out other mystery quilters.
Great job! Done already with your blocks. I am still working on neutral 4- patches while trying to get my QOV together and ready for the quilter. I have nearly all the magenta units done and the purples are in the works.
ReplyDeletePretty! Happy Holidays.
ReplyDeleteSome days you start out to sew and spend the whole day just moving fabric around. Love your purples!
ReplyDelete