Her Dad happened to be in Dallas on a fishing trip and he went to the AG store in Dallas and got her the doll. I didn't explicitly tell him to get her any outfits, he only got the doll, luckily the sales clerk talked him into a leotard.
We visited the AG store at the Mall of America, and she used some of her Christmas money to get a new outfit, and we had her ears pierced. She really wanted the tutu, but it was January, so all of Isabelle's outfits were gone. After seeing the prices on those outfits, and knowing I could probably dust off my seamstress skills and make some clothes at a fraction of the price, in a moment of weakness, I said, no problem, we can make her a tutu.
I started doing research, looking for free patterns, made a new Pinterest board, looked through the AG magazine for ideas. We went to the fabric store to pick up some notions and I let her pick out some trims and a few fat quarters. She is interested, but doesn't yet have the patience. She likes to pick out embellishments, and make design drawings. She is my crafty girl, I am hopeful she will want to sew someday. Her bff lives across the street and those girls also have an interest in sewing and love the homemade clothes for their dolls.
I have been interested in the blogs that have been repurposing old clothes and making doll clothes. I have a endless supply of quilting fabric, but not much else. I have been enjoying experimenting with cutting up old clothes and reusing them. Once in awhile I will post some things we have made for Isabelle.
Introducing Isabelle wearing; AG leotard and shoes, Tutu made by me.

No comments:
Post a Comment