I am going to try to do better at putting updates on my blog. I stitch almost everyday for at least 15 minutes, but because those found minutes are usually handwork, I don't tend to post a lot of finished results. I am going to start linking up with Kathy's Quilts on Sundays as I have a lot of applique and English paper piecing things to share.
I have been doing a lot of English paper piecing and experimenting with different sizes, shapes and colors. I have mostly been focusing on using reproduction prints. I can't imagine doing a whole quilt of the same design and shape, so at some point I will need to figure out what I will do with these. Maybe a sampler or row quilt? For now I am content to use these as busy work in the car, or at appointments and practices. I have been enjoying fussy cutting and looking for interesting designs on my fabrics. I have also been experimenting with basting techniques and different threads.
So here is my first contribution to Slow Stitching Sunday, on a Monday, and my attempt at updating my blog more often.
These are the 2 inch diamond paper pieces, and I treated myself to the acrylic template so I could do some fussy cutting. This is also the first time I have glue basted. I think I like that for these bigger pieces, and will try it on a Lucy Boston block also. I still prefer thread basting hexagons, not through the paper but corners only on the back. Time will tell though how long the glue sticks, but still releases from the paper easily when I am ready to remove it.
Your star block is looking great, beautifully fussy cut. I also enjoy epp for the same reasons you mentioned and have been glue basting over the last year. So far I've not no problems with it.
ReplyDeleteA great idea to join the Slow Stitching posts! It helps to have a deadline to keep track of your progress, even if it is slow :)
ReplyDeleteI love your fussy cutting!