I actually had time Saturday to sew at my sewing machine! It is Memorial Day Weekend, and we had two baseball games Saturday morning, and we decided rather than running around, we would enjoy a free day. My husband worked on some projects around the house, the kids were playing with neighborhood friends, and I went straight to my sewing room. Sometimes we all need "free" choice days.
Here are some hexagons from the week - Linking up with Slow Sunday stitching with Kathy.
I am also taking an applique class from Karen Kay Buckley next week, I have been busy getting my supplies ready for that.
I am working through lots of mini quilt kits, started a the quilt along, but before I could start in on those things, I had to catch up on sewing patches to Lexi's Girl Scout smock. It needs washed, it has a combination of glitter glue, snack residue, and dirt from rolling down the hill at the fire station, but at least now it has all of her patches from our events this year. When the mood strikes I needed to get it done, it is in the laundry now. Now that she has them all on her vest she wants to do more "patch" activities. There is an Asian festival next weekend we will volunteer to help visitors make swaps, and we are also doing Mommy and Me camp in June.
We are taking the break for the summer from Girl Scout meetings. Now that the girls have earned all of their petals, I need to plan out our meetings for next year. They want to do more field trips and outings, and we will do 1 or 2 journeys, but also work on the Safety pin, the leaves, Thinking Day...we will have a busy year and I plan on starting early in September. That will give use 3-4 more meetings than we had last year, since we got a late start.
It is raining now...It needs to stop, we have three baseball games scheduled for today!


Your hexies are so pretty... fantastic fussy cutting! ENjoy your class with Karen! Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeletePretty hexies! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your hexies! They're what I worked on this weekend ... just the basting, though ... and no pretty fussy cutting like you did. ;-)
ReplyDeleteYes very lovely hexies. How nice that you got some free choice time that you could spend sewing.
ReplyDeleteBusy days! Your hexies are lovely. Hope you find some time to enjoy them.
ReplyDelete