Saturday, August 3, 2013

July Sewing

Here were my July Goals:

July Goals -
Finish Courthouse Steps - Done
Little quilt for the small quilt silent auction - almost finished, need to turn binding
Preemie Project quilt - almost finished, need to turn binding


I really focused on getting my Courthouse Steps quilt completely finished. I entered it into the Marcus contest, and it is now at the Iowa State fair.  I even added the hanging sleeve so it is ready for the guild quilt show.  I also decided to send Grant's March to the quilter.  I entered it into the Des Moines show, hope it gets back in time.

Courthouse Steps


Shipeshewana Scrap Happy
Blocks 7 & 8.




Just Takes 2
I got section 1 pieced together.


All of the blocks for section 2 are done.  Applique blocks for section 3 are prepped.  I need my sewing machine back to keep making progress on this one.


Afternoon Delight
Only one block this month.   I had been taking this block of the month from Quakertown Quilts; at the end of the month they sent a cryptic email stating they were no longer doing block of the month autoships, but I could buy the remaining kits at a 10%discount, but would need to go to the designer to fully complete my set.  Upon further investigation, they have decided to close.  So fabric is marked down 50% and patterns 25%.  Why would I pay nearly full price for these same kits?  I didn't appreciate the way the whole thing was handled.  I contacted Sue Garman and she was more than accommodating and I plan to just purchase the remaining patterns directly from her.

Jingle
Only one block posted this month.


Mini quilts -
Quilted up these minis, I need to turn binding on them.  I will donate at least one to the silent auction.
I quilted up several other small quilts, I need to turn binding on those also.


Not sure how long I will be without a sewing machine.  Here are my goals:
August Goals:
Just Takes 2 - finish sections 2 and 3
Shipeshewana blocks
Jingle blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment