Sunday, July 28, 2013

Courthouse Steps - Finished

I finished Courthouse Steps and decided to enter it in the Just Judie 25th Anniversary Marcus Brothers contest. 
I had a hard time getting good pictures.  I tried it hanging in the living room, and also on the fence.  I could not get the lighting right, and I am not good a styling a quilt for a great photo.  I had to get pictures done as this was one of the quilts I entered in the Iowa State Fair.

It is 65x80, has over 3,500 pieces and contains more than 225 different Judie Rothermel fabrics.  I found some really old ones in the stash from when I started quilting around 1995.  I guess I have always been a repro fabric lover.  Now I kind of hope they do another contest to feature all of the 30's fabrics I have collected through the years.



My sewing machine is in the shop for maintenance \ cleaning, so I have been prepping applique blocks and turning binding.  If I need to get some piecing done I will need to dig out Bernina. I have a week off soon before the kids go back to school, Cooper wants a sewing crash course before he starts Jr. High, so he will know what he is doing when he has his first sewing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment