Turn binding on Brown Bricks - Not Done
Sew Dear Jane blocks together - Done
Keep up with Jingle blocks - Done
I didn't turn binding on the Bricks quilt. I like to do binding as a take along project to work on at the in-laws on Sunday nights. We don't do Sunday night family dinner during the spring \ summer, as we are usually still at the ball fields. I will add this back to my list later this fall. Brody is getting a new bedroom set in a few weeks, it would match perfectly, unfortunately, it will be too small for his new bed. I guess it doesn't matter, since he is still using his favorite crib quilt anyway.
Dear Jane:
The center is finally together! I have worked on this off and on for 15 years. There are some oldies in this top. When I started this, I really did not have the skills for some of these blocks. Now I need to get busy on the border triangles. I only have 1 done. 51 to go.
Jingle:
One applique and one pieced block:
All done, even the berries.
Courthouse Steps:
Basted and ready for quilting. My original plan was to do baptist fans. I did a small test piece, and realized pretty quickly that would not be a good plan for a very large quilt. I had trouble finding a marking tool that I was confident in using, that is visible in both the light and darks, and could easily be removed. I went ahead and basted it, I think I am going to do just straight line quilting. I plan to spend some quality quilting time on this in June.
Just Takes 2:
I am working on both the 2012 and 2013 versions. I am caught up with everything on the blue school house quilt, including all of the pieced border parts.
Also did a few more blocks for the first section of the 2012 quilt. There are still a couple fairly difficult blocks to get done in this section -- A large feathered star, compass block and a large applique block. I am using the same background for both quilts.
Robins Nest:
Slowly but surely working on hexagon flowers that will be needed in round 4. I have round 2 complete. I cut diamonds for round 3 and started piecing those. Then I realized the same diamond shapes are used in a couple more borders, and I needed to cut at least 500 more. I only cut the 75 I needed for the next border.
The scallop border is just appliqued using the lines printed on the fabric.
Afternoon Delight:
Finished two more applique blocks. I am going to just keep plugging along on the applique blocks and then when those are done, I will start working on the pieced blocks. I am really slow at these, and they are challenging, so I hope I can stick with it.
Shipshewana Scrap Happy:
Finished both blocks for month 2 - So far no problems keeping up here. I enjoy working with these kits.
Mini Quilts:
I practiced machine quilting on my new machine on these little quilts. Still need to finish the binding. These are little kits from Temecula Quilt Shop.
June Goals:
Dear Jane triangles
Jingle blocks
Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times






I'm still pretty much a beginner at this new hobby I have picked up, but I actually decided that eventually I want to make a Dear Jane Quilt myself. I started by just buying the book. I've been a little busy to start reading it yet, but it's on my To Do List now! Yours looks so lovely. I really like your Cardinal Jingle blocks. What pattern are they for? I really like your little mini quilts as well. Maybe I just try doing some FMQ on a couple of mine. They are still just flimsies so far. I really enjoyed your post!
ReplyDeleteTami - The Jingle block patterns are found here:
Deletehttp://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time/
Good luck on your Dear Jane Journey!
You are so productive. If i could only do half of what you do - I would get so many things finished up. I have been saving the Just 2 blocks. I should just get in and do them. Keep sewing
ReplyDeleteI followed the link to your website from the posting at Patchwork Times design wall. Your blog is very interesting and I bookmarked it to go back and read.
ReplyDeleteWould you mind telling me more about your blue & white schoolhouse quilt blocks. I really love them and would like to get the pattern if possible.
Thanks,
Susan R.
quilttrack47@yahoo.com
The patterns for the Just take 2 quilts are found here:
Deletehttp://justtakes2.com/
they are posted free for a month, but previous months can purchased.
Every single one of your quilt blocks are remarkable. I love the colors you've chosen and the patterns of the blocks. You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI love your quilts! Now I'm wondering if I can fit that Jingle quilt into my current projects. I really love her patterns. Your "Takes Two" blocks are wonderful too. You're inspiring me.
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize that Just Takes two was school house blocks this year. I'll have to go check them out. Lots of EYE Candy on this post. You have been busy!
ReplyDeleteYour progress is really inspiring. My Dear Jane has been on the back burner for awhile. Love your blue and white barns. What a great color combo. Thanks for sharing all your fantastic work.
ReplyDeleteLove the Jingle blocks! Wow so many projects, that's one big design wall.
ReplyDelete