Sunday, June 23, 2013

Barter - I quilt, she binds!

My friend called me last week and asked if I had any quilts that needed binding turned.  She was getting ready to head up to their lake cabin and wanted to turn binding in the car.

I sure do...my brown brick quilt was ready to go on a trip to the lake...it has been on my to do list for several months.

She asked if I could machine quilt a small bug jar baby quilt for her.   That is a great trade for me.  I like to machine quilt, and I am still trying to get used to my new machine.

I finally made a breakthrough machine quilting on this machine.  I figured out the right settings, tension, foot, thread and needle combination.  I had perfect tension and I could go a full speed.  This little quilt took me about 45 minutes.  A perfect quilting trade off.

It was raining outside so I had assistance from my models.



No comments:

Post a Comment