I am a bit behind with my month end recap.
Here were my April Goals:
Turn binding on Brown Bricks - Not done
Sew Dear Jane blocks together - Not done, but started
Keep up with Jingle blocks - Yes
Mark and pin baste Courthouse Steps - Not Done
As suspected, I didn't make much progress on my April goals. We had baseball tournaments every weekend in April, and I also went to Florida for a conference. I had very little time in my sewing room, but I did manage to sneak in a few bits of time to work on a few things.
Robin's Nest:
I was excited to get started with this kit. I have the center medallion done, and the first applique border added. While in Florida, I made some progress on hexagon flowers. I plan to keep working on hexagons as my car project, and some applique corner pieces, but I don't think I will work on the harder pieced borders until the fall.
Shipshewana Scrap Happy - Month 1 - These are 14" blocks.
Here is another applique medallion that I have been working on a bit. I did the purple tulips and vase this month. This is a Lori Smith pattern called Lizzie Mae. I bought the kit at the AQS quilt show last fall. I will use the kit for the rest of the pieced blocks, but I have added quite a few greens to this for variety.
Afternoon Delight:
I got 2 of the applique blocks done.
Jingle:
A block was posted last week when I was out of town, so I haven't had a chance to start it. But so far I have finished the center, 2 pieced and 2 applique blocks on this project. The next block has a scalloped basket.
Dear Jane:
I have finished all 169 center blocks. I started working on trimming blocks and adding sashing. This year is the 150th anniversary of the original quilt. I would love to get this done this year, but I don't think that is realistic. I have really enjoyed seeing the photos from the Dear Jane exhibit. I will finish this some day! I love how this is coming together.
Just takes 2 - ver. 2012
There was a web sale on April 1st for the patterns for this quilt. I went ahead and got them, and will work on this when the mood strikes.
I think I will stick with the same goals this month. I do have a quilt retreat in a few weeks and I haven't decided what I will be working on.
May Goals:
Turn binding on Brown Bricks
Sew Dear Jane blocks together
Keep up with Jingle blocks
Mark and pin baste Courthouse Steps





Looks like you got a lot done - especially with a little travel and baseball - wow! I can't wait to see Robin's Nest - the center looks great! Also love the red and white blocks! Have a great week ~Jeanne
ReplyDelete