I thought I would make a goal of posting a recipe and the cooresponding recipe card at least once a month. That will accomplish two things, I will have made something that required a recipe, and I will have made the recipe card.
Let me just say...I have no intention of pursuing food blogging. It is hard and time consuming! Taking pictures of food is hard, and I don't have a big variety of dishes and place setting styling. I have basic white Pfaltzgraff dishes that I got when we married almost 20 years ago. I don't get a lot of enjoyment out of cooking, it really is not how I like to spend my time. I like to make meals that are good, and my family will eat, but I also don't spend a lot of time meal planning and prep. I like easy and good, I find recipes on the internet and make modifications dependent on what I have in my pantry or what my family will actually eat.
Here is a recipe that was a hit - Sausage Tortellini Soup.
I made a few modifications to the recipe. I used Graziano sausage. It is a local sausage that has a bit of a spicy kick. I added a can of diced tomato and used low sodium chicken broth as a base.
This is a hearty "soup" that was a winner with everyone in the house, and was just as good reheated. The younger kids have a hard time saying tortellini soup. They just shortened that up and now call this Turtle soup.

No comments:
Post a Comment