Sunday, January 6, 2013

Easy Street - Top Done

I got my Easy Street mystery quilt top done this week!  I didn't get it done before I went back to work after the holiday, but it went together pretty quickly.   I also got the back pieced, batting cut, and it is ready to go to the quilter.  I just need to find a bigger shipping box.

I decided not to add borders.  I auditioned a few but in the end I like it the way it is and I will probably use purple for binding.   I wish I would have picked a gray that was a bit darker, but overall I am happy with the results.



Yes, there is still about 8 inches of snow on the ground, but it was almost 40 degrees today.  Seemed like a good time day to go out and snap a few pictures.

Check out Quiltville for others posting Easy Street progress.

8 comments:

  1. its beautiful! you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your lighter gray and the value difference between your purple and teal allows the flying geese to really show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your easy street looks. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Nettie hit the nail on the head values between purple and teal REALLY pop those flying geese! S N O W oh my, it's pretty to look at and go inside, get warm and sew :)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo pretty! Especially nice shot out in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decided on no borders too. Sometimes a quilt just doesn't need one. Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!! It is beautiful!!! I like the light Gray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is beautiful. Love the pic of the top in the snow.

    ReplyDelete