Sunday, November 4, 2012

October Sewing

October Quilt square quilt along - Jo's Country Junction:


Six inch sampler blocks - Barristers Blog:  She only posted five this month, so I got my book out and found a few more.


Basket blocks - Five more sets done - 100 blocks completed, only five sets to go.  I think I am ahead of everyone else on this project, so it will be a while before we swap blocks.  I will work on designing an applique border.  I found a free Kim Diehl pattern that I think I can use many of the applique elements.  This will take some time, so I am glad I have the blocks almost done.








Mini quilt tops, binding made, pinned and ready for quilting:  These are kits from Temecula quilt shop:



Grandmothers choice blocks - Sometimes I get random homework assignments in my front door.  These are blocks for a group project for the oldest member in our small group. We are making a quilt for her 85th birthday.





Schoolhouse Sampler - Completed my first assignment of friendship stars:



November will bring quilt retreat.  I am going to try to get a lap quilt pieced for someone that is battling breast cancer.   I have been looking for breast cancer fabric and came across a kit on ebay that is a few years old.  I really hate not picking my own fabric, but I have not been able to find anything available.  Hopefully I can work on cutting before retreat, and can focus on the sewing while there.  I also need to decide on something for our small group Christmas exchange.  It has to be a handmade item, made by you (we can't buy something at a craft show).

No comments:

Post a Comment