Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Sewing

Here are some of the sewing things I worked on in June.


Quilt Square Quilt Along - Jo's Country Junction



Six inch sampler - Barrister's Block Blog.  Still working through the Farmers Wife book, but also selecting blocks from the Civil War Quilt books by Rosemary Youngs.

 


I finally decided on fabric for my Twisted Sister small group - School House Sampler. I haven't started my assignments yet.  The stacks are too pretty to dismantle.  This is Moda fabric designed by Bonnie and Camille.


I bartered quilting this small baby quilt, in exchange for my friend to turn binding on a few of my finished quilts.





Basket block exchange.  A few of us in my sewing group are trading basket blocks.  I got three sets of blocks done in June.  My goal will be one set a week.  I think I need a total of 25 sets - 125 blocks. No deadline on this but a few of the girls already have a lot more done, so I need to get going on this.


Now that competitive baseball is over, I should have some weekend sewing time, I am hopeful I can find more time to sew.  I need to decide which quilts I am going to enter into the State fair, and also the guild show in September.  Then I will need to get busy finishing binding and putting on hanging sleeves, I also need to work on some applique flower blocks for a charity auction.

2 comments:

  1. Love the scrappyness of your block!
    And those fabric piles are too beautiful to touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt square for the quilt along is great! I want those beautiful stacks of fabric! I don't blame you for just admiring the stacks! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete