I didn't get both of the blocks done this month, but still plan to do the other one.
I ordered a small quilt of the month kit from Temecula Quilt Shop. I decided I want to do a bunch of little quilts and hang them on the walls of the hall to my sewing room. I got this top done and the blocks done for another simple quilt, but didn't get that top finished. This one is little 2inch bowtie blocks in patriotic fabrics. The border I used was meant to be for binding, so I will probably use a red fabric for binding this one.
Farmers Wife Quilt Along - Barrister Block Blog - Randi took a break from posting patterns this month, but I continued to work through the book. I got nine blocks done this month.
I only got two sets of basket blocks done. So I have five sets done, 20 to go.
I entered six quilts in the Iowa State Fair. Here is the stack after I got them all folded and tagged. I am bummed I will miss the "Preview Night" because I will be out of town. All of the quilt entrants are invited to view the quilts before the fair opens. It is fun to see lots of local quilters, and the kids like to go because it is half price on the big slide and the corndog and funnel cake booth are usually open.
Lots of changes in August. The nanny is going back to college, school is starting, baseball is finishing, football is starting, so we will all need to get back in our school routine.
I am going to a four day "art retreat". The topic of the class I am taking is Zentangle. I am looking forward to learning something new, but I am a little nervous since I am a complete beginner. I have been busy getting my supplies together for the class.
Lots of progress on many projects...great quilt square quilt along block!
ReplyDeleteYou look like me lots of projects going on at once!
ReplyDeleteSo many neat projects to work on. Your block came out great. Love the yellow center.
ReplyDeleteYou have really been busy! Everything looks wonderful! I love your color choices! ~Jeanne
ReplyDelete