Spring quilt retreat was this weekend. We head about an hour south to Sun Valley Lake. One of the gals has a home on the lake, and we all try to make time to attend quilt retreat about four times a year. We work on our own projects, have a lot of food, and a lot of laughter. This is a picture of us this weekend. We have four generations in our group, ranging in age from 80-1. This is the first time I have brought Lexi, and she had a great time playing with the other little girls, and they kept busy with crafts and dressing up as princesses. Three of the girls turn 30 this year, so we celebrated birthday's with a "School Girl's" theme. We had dinner on school lunch trays, Jill wrote a poem, I made a scrapbook layout with their pictures from when they were in school, and they each got 30 blocks made with 30's fabrics, and the block pattern is "school girl puzzle." We like to plan little parties with a theme, and everyone pitches in something to carry out the theme. As always, it was a great time.
I worked on my log cabin blocks. I put the last three logs on 175 blocks. I finished the top of a brick quilt, and I made binding for three quilts. I used to stay up all night sewing, but anymore, I take advantage of being able to relax and sleep! So I don't stress too much about getting a lot done.
No comments:
Post a Comment