Sunday, April 29, 2012

Baseball and quilting

This time of year is crazy for us.  We have three kids playing ball.  Cooper is on his competitive team, and they play several times a week, and we have tournaments every weekend through June.  Brody is in his first year of Tball baseball, and Lexi is in Tball softball. The whole weekend was rainy, wet and cold.  But when this is what you get to see at the end of a long weekend, it makes the hard work worth it.  They took 1st place in the tournament.







It is the end of the month, so I need to put up my Quilt Square Quilt Along.  This month was "choice".  I wanted to do them all, but ran out of time.  The applique on this block is too small for me to do by hand, so I did fusible, but didn't have time to get it stitched down, since I prefer to use my older sewing machine for the satin and button hole stitch.  It does a better job than my Bernina.  I made all the parts, just need to get them trimmed up.  Hopefully I can get it done in May.    I did get the other two done.  Quilt retreat is next weekend, and I am going to finish up a brick quilt, and start a new pineapple quilt.   I will post more on that next weekend.



Check out other Quilt Square Quilt Along progress at Jo's Country Junction.

2 comments:

  1. You accomplished a lot along with chasing kiddos too!! Love your blocks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great effort this month in spite of all the non-quilting activity!

    ReplyDelete