Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Clean Up

So in the spring, our metro area and the surrounding suburbs have what is called Spring Clean Up.  On a designated weekend, you can put out almost anything on the curb, and the trash collectors will haul it away.  It is a good time to clean out old furniture, grills, lawnmowers, etc. 

This phenomenon has become quite a spring event.  There are folks that have cruise up and down neighborhoods picking through the treasures, our old neighborhood had a party in the cul-de-sac on dumpster day, and there were many bets placed the first to go, the last to go and anything in between.

I take advantage by getting rid of as much stuff as I can.  But last night, as we were driving home from Sunday dinner at the in-laws, I spied something worth stopping for.  I blame Pinterest.  I couldn't pass up these windows. 

There were eight of them, the glass was nice, the glazing was good.  I could only get five in the car before Jeff started to get impatient and was going to drive off.  I am not sure if these will end up with quilt blocks or pictures or something else, but I am excited about the possibilities, and the best part is they were free!  I am looking at junk on the curb with a whole new perspective!


No comments:

Post a Comment