Monday, December 28, 2015

Winter Break - 2015

Starting the 2nd week of my Winter vacation from work.  Last week was spent getting ready for Christmas...Last minute shopping, holiday parties, wrapping and everything else.  This week will be awesome...I can be home all day, wear sweat pants or jammies if I choose, and I can pick and choose what crafty projects I want to do.  I have a long list of stuff I want to work on, I am fighting off a lot of chest congestion, so I know I won't get it all done, but hey I will have fun trying.

My to do list this week:
Take down the Christmas decorations.
Sew - work on the mystery quilt.
Teach Lexi how to sew.
Spend some time organizing the craft room.
Work on some scrapbook layouts.
Watch some movies with the kids.
Take naps with the dog.
Girl Scout planning -- Meetings \ cookie sale.
Choose fabrics for Forest Friends quilt.
Finish \ wrap small group exchange gift.

I really want to find a way to art \ create everyday - even if it is for 5 minutes...digitally, with art supplies, sewing, cooking...something creative. I need that, I am going to try in 2016. 

I have started to organize the sewing room.   Jeff is cleaning out a warehouse at work, so we went looking for items we could use.  We found an adjustable table and an office chair.  The table will be great because it can be adjusted low for her to comfortably sew.  We spent a few hours getting her sewing area ready. Jeff hung a light fixture and I got an old Bernina up and running. She started just sewing squares of fabric to get used to the machine.  She has big plans to sew scarves, quilts and doll clothes -  in between playing with her best friend and all of her new toys.   We had a bit of trouble with the thread breaking on the Nova, so I am going to switch her to my Bernina.  I think if we continue to have machine frustrations, she will lose patience.  I love that she wants to learn, so I want it to be a positive experience and will just help her along as she shows interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment