Sunday, July 13, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday


I pulled Robin's Nest out today.  I started using the extra background for another project, and I remembered I haven't finished the last star border.  I got out the box, and no more background was needed, but since I had it out I decided I should finish it since it is so close to being done. 

I need to applique down a few hexagon corner pieces before add the final border.  

I went to a nearby guild quilt show yesterday.  I didn't find much at the vendor booths.  I few fat quarters, and I picked up the Quick Curve Ruler.   That is my weakness, specialty rulers and trying new piecing techniques.    I have a lot of things in progress right now, but looking forward to playing with this over the winter.  I was also on the lookout for a new longarm quilter, so I took a few pictures of quilts that had the type of quilting that I want for both Robins Nest and Jingle.

I finished the binding on the red and white quilt last night.  I just need to add a label, hanging sleeve and defuzz it, not my favorite part of the process, but it must be done.  I took it outside today to hang it on the fence for pictures and my camera lens kept fogging up because it is so hot and humid.  My oldest has "claimed" this quilt.  He likes it because it is big and heavy.  Little does he know he will not get it until after it hangs in the state fair, and the guild show is October.   I think I will enter this in the large quilt; mixed technique category.

Linking to Kathy's quilts - Slow Stitching Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea to shop for a quilter while at a quilt show! I'm always so preoccupied with the beautiful quilts, that I would never think of that.
    Congrats on finishing a binding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart to take pictures of quilting you like to get a longarmer! Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red and white quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work here. Amazing quilting on the red and white. Congrats on a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exquisite red and white quilt and I love the colors in the first project

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both look like they are beautiful quilts. Good Luck at the State Fair.

    ReplyDelete