Last night was spent in the ER. He spent the whole day with a hip issue and it got worse through the day. He was in a lot of pain, and if it was something serious we wanted to know sooner than later. They did hip xrays and all was clear. Decided it was a pulled groin muscle \ strained hip. I was glad I grabbed my stitching bag on the way out the door. 3+ hours waiting. I finished this block, finished a couple EPP stars and also worked on the last applique starburst border. Lots of inquiries from hospital workers. There was another gal in the waiting room knitting.
Today I am working on turning the binding my red and white quilt! It finally came home from the quilter last week. She used a wool batting and this thing is big and heavy. I love the quilting. I will need to spend some time de-fuzzing this when it is all done.
I am so glad it was not too serious for your son. Good thinking grabbing your handwork! I try to leave a project and book in my car for just those instances...
ReplyDeleteHate waiting in the er. So glad that they have figured it out and it not something serious. Stitching while waiting does make it a bit more bearable.
ReplyDeleteWhat I learned with wool batts. If you shake your quilt out like shaking a mat the batt will actually fluff up!!
ReplyDeletethis wool batt is puffy and fuzzy, big change from warm and natural and hobbs. Need to get the binding turned and see how I can deal with the wavy borders I am seeing.
DeleteI like how a stitching project helps to strike up a conversation. Glad to hear your son will be fine.
ReplyDeleteSo glad all is well. I have often brought crocheting with me to hospital visits. It always starts conversations and sometimes makes friends. Your stitching is beautiful. I am looking forward to see the red quilt when it is completed.
ReplyDeleteSo glad he is ok. I have a hand work bag with various projects (knitting, crochet hook and yarn), some appliqué, some hand sewing, etc. that is by my chair. The kids know to grab it pretty much whenever we leave the house. So handy to have in those waiting times.
ReplyDeleteHand stitching is the perfect thing for long hospital waits.
ReplyDeleteGlad the news is not too scary.
Thanks for linking up!