When I got rid of the dresser in my sewing room, it was full on top and in the drawers. I needed to remove all of that stuff and I piled it on my basting table. My new shelves came last week and we got them put together.
I have a pretty large room in the basement that is my sewing room. There is also a king bed, my computer desk, a craft area for the kids, my sewing center and a spare sewing table for any guest quilters.
I love the size of this room, but hate that there is no natural light. Something on the someday "to do list" is to add a daylight window in the foundation, but that home improvement project is low on the priority list.
We have been in this house for 7 years. I think that was the last time my fabric was organized and stacked nicely. I have it loosely organized by color, kids prints, batiks, solids, 30's prints, and civil war prints, but it is a mess right now. I need to get it organized, because I spend too much time digging around looking for things I should be able to find easily.
I hate spending time sorting \ folding fabric. My sewing time is so limited I just want to focus on sewing. But it is time I spend a bit of time getting organized. So I started by refolding my backing \ large yardage fabrics that sit on top of my shelf units. These are my 6 shelves that I have had forever. I have 3 more turning the corner of the room. I guess the good thing about no windows, is I can line my walls with fabric storage shelves.
No comments:
Post a Comment