Monday, January 6, 2014

Celtic Solstice - Top Done

Bonnie revealed the final layout for Celtic Solstice mystery quilt on New Year's Day.

I was able to get the blocks together on New Year's Day.
 I finished up the top on Sunday night. 


I didn't have enough yardage of any of the blue on hand, so I used the leftovers and pieced the last border.  

The high temp tomorrow is supposed to by -8 F, school has been canceled.  The kids are thrilled, but I will still be going to work.  I think I will rename this quilt to "Winter Solstice".  The cold and snow have been pretty bad so far this winter, and Spring is not even close.

Linking up with Bonnie @ Quiltville. 

6 comments:

  1. I really like the rich colors you chose. Your alternate colors are the prettiest I've seen. I am impressed that you finished the top so quickly, too! Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on finishing the top so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vibrant colors! Love the blue border - I'll be piecing mine too. Beautiful top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice color choices and I love your scrappy border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour choices. I love that blue. I also like the way the different colours seem to dominate depending on the light.

    ReplyDelete