I don't think I have ever posted my Robin's nest center medallion.
I am busy working on borders 3, 4, and 5. I am making good progress on the diamond borders.
The medallion center is appliqued down to a large background then I added the scalloped applique border. I have never done applique using the lines on the fabric as a guide for needleturn. I went to a Jinny Beyer lecture several years ago, and she called this "soft edge piecing." She appliqued shapes using the lines of a paisley fabric into complicated pieced blocks. I liked the way this border turned out.
I need to decide if I am going to cut away the background behind the applique. Even though it is pretty heavy, I think I am going to leave the layers for stability.
Hexagons are going slow, but I am still working on them at gymnastics and football practice. I may need to pick up the pace if I get all of the other borders done.
I sent off my Just Takes 2 top to the quilter last week. I am looking forward to getting that one back.
Linking up with Patchwork Times - Design wall Monday

I think you have done a wonderful job. The medallion is so beautiful. (Lovely colors also.)
ReplyDeleteI love this! The colors you chose are fabulous. Can't wait to see the next borders. TFS
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete