Sunday, February 24, 2013

Valentine's Day

I managed to convince all three kids to have the same Valentine theme this year.  I printed these out at Costco.  Having the same theme made it easy; some ideas tossed out early on included Zombies, princesses, cats,  Skylanders and Star Wars.When I suggested Angry Birds, the boys were ok with it, and Lex would only agree if one of the piggies was a girl, that is why one of the green pigs has a crown.

They couldn't agree on a cutesy valentine saying, so they finally settled on "Happy Valentine's Day."
Apparently they were a hit.  Every year, fewer and fewer do homemade valentines.  When I was a kid I remember making valentines from construction paper, heart shaped doilies, glitter, and pipe cleaners.  Lexi spent a lot of time decorating her envelopes with stickers and drawings.  She worked really hard on her valentines.  The boys just stuffed the envelopes and they were done.  Every year there are fewer and fewer "homemade" valentines.  Cooper didn't even bring any home.  He said, "I ate the candy and tossed everything else."

This is Lex's preschool class, she was actually sick that day and had to miss her party.



I do these in Adobe Elements, just like I do my scrapbook pages.  I have really struggled getting any scrapbooking done since I got my new laptop for my birthday.  I can't do keyword searches and it makes it difficult to find my digital files, Jeff has a solution, it is just not implemented yet.  That and I am just really enjoying doing my hand applique projects rather than being on the computer at night. 

Just like every year though, inevitably I get a call from a mom asking how I did these, would I teach her or better yet, would I be interested in doing birthday party invitations.  Umm..thanks for the compliment, but no, I don't do party invitations.

I don't recall volunteering at the beginning of the school year, for sixth grade graduation committee and preschool yearbook coordinator, but I guess I did, and I need to get organized.  I worked from home a few days last week, trying to get over a sinus infection.  I am ready for winter and sickness to be gone!

Linking up with Free Motion by the River Tuesday Linky Party.  Check out other crafty, sewing and DIY projects. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great scrap book page! I used to make lots of them in Photoshop and miss doing it! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete