Sunday, May 17, 2015

Art Journal - Lion

I have been taking a break from quilting.  I am working so many hours, and I am just too tired at night to sew.   I was browsing Pinterest one night and I stumbled on some bible art and art journaling entries.  I watched many YouTube videos, read blogs, and finally dusted off some old art supplies.  We are in the process of cleaning out my in-laws house, so I had access to a lot of old magazines, books and ephemera. I collected quite a bit, and still had a lot of stuff from my scrapbooking days. 

Here is one of the first things I tried.  

Proverbs 28:1
"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion."

I am not brave enough to actually work in my reading bible, and I have since bought a journaling bible, but I still am not ready to write in it.   I did find a bible at the old house that I took home. 

To do this page I removed it from the large print Bible.  I found a lion line drawing and resized it to fit the page, and ran it through my printer.  

Then I colored it with Inktense pencils. I was happy with it until I started working on the eyes.  I need to practice eyes.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment