Sunday, December 7, 2014

Grand Illusion Part 2


I didn't get all of this clue finished yet.  Too many activities this weekend...Chorus concert, guild annual meeting, shopping, putting up decorations, birthday party all kept me away from my sewing room.   I did need to finish my small group gift exchange, since our party is next Friday night.  Once that was done,  I made a few test blocks, and once I was sure everything would go together as planned,  I got everything cut out.  


Then when I had a few spare minutes through the weekend I got a few diamond sides sewn.   These are stacks of 20, so I made pretty good progress. I should get them finished up before the next clue is published.  I also have a great stack of bonus triangles ready to be used!

Here is my progress as of Sunday night:




Lexi found this fabric at the quilt shop and insisted it matched "her" quilt and I need to make a pillow case to match "her" quilt.   The colors are close, the green is slightly off, but I do think this will be good for a pillow case, and maybe a border or binding.


Linking up with Bonnie at Quiltville.  Check out progress from other quilters on this mystery quilt.

4 comments:

  1. The pink and black look soooo good in your blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really like how you have put the second units together. It definitely looks like a Bonnie Hunter quilt. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks you did get done and that bird fabric will make a great pillow case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mystery blocks are looking good!

    ReplyDelete