Saturday, September 6, 2014

August Sewing

Scrap Happy - stitch circle border, and catch up on two borders - Circles done, no progress on other borders.
Assemble flower quilt top, prep and stitch circles for the border. - Done
Shipshewana blocks - Done


I finished this top.  It is all hand appliqued. I need to decide on how to quilt this, for now it will be put away until I am in the mood to quilt.



Little quilts:


Shipshewana Scrap Happy - I am very close to finishing all of the blocks for the civil war quilt.  I decided to do a 30's version.  It would have been a lot easier to do them both at the same time, but since I didn't I will do a few blocks at a time. 




This is something I was not planning to start.  I picked up this kit at a very good discount, the applique pieces are laser cut with fusible adhesive.  This is the center block.  I haven't stitched it yet.



Scrap Happy border quilt:
I got the circles and hexagon flowers stitched down, but did not make any progress on the next round of blocks.  I don't have a large variety of orphan blocks, so this may come together slower now.

I pieced these solid charm squares and will use this to practice machine quilting.  


I also got binding on three quilts.  I need to get these finished and hanging sleeves attached before the quilt show in October.

September goals:
Turn binding on three quilts
Four Shipshewana blocks 

No comments:

Post a Comment